In Times of Bereavement
If death occurs at home:
- Telephone the doctor; he or she will advise of next steps to take.
- Contact the Funeral Director.
- Collect the death certificate from the surgery (please telephone first so that it will be ready).
If death occurs at the hospital:
- Contact the Funeral Director to inform them that their services will be needed.
In all cases of death:
- Take the death certificate to the registrar’s office for the area the death occurred. Also take the deceased medical card and birth certificate, if available.
- Take the green form (Certificate for Burial or Cremation) to the Funeral Director who will take over the organisation of the funeral.
The Government Website provides a range of helpful information.
- Registering a death
- What to do after a death
- Benefits, property and money
- Wills and probate.