Your Rights and Responsibilities
As doctors we aim to provide you with safe and up to date medical care, honest and realistic advice and a friendly and efficient service. As patients, we ask you to use our services appropriately and responsibly and to respect our premises.
Our responsibilities to you
- All members of staff ensure confidentiality at all times.
- To provide access to your medical notes.
- To answer telephone calls promptly.
- To provide same day appointments.
- To give an explanation if you have to wait more than 30 minutes to be seen.
- To provide repeat prescriptions within 48 hrs (excluding weekends).
- To investigate any complaints promptly.
Your responsibility to us
- To treat our staff with the same level of courtesy, politeness and respect that you expect from them – we operate a Zero Tolerance policy with regard to violent or abusive behaviour and will take prompt action to remove patients from our lists in these cases.
- Not to request a home visit when you are able to attend the surgery
- To inform us if you change your name, address or telephone number. This is very important especially if we need to contact you in an emergency.
- To cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend – someone else is always waiting for an appointment.
- Not to call the doctor out after the practice is closed for a minor illness that could reasonably wait until the next working day.